January 2, 2013
April 24, 2012
Avair is a two piece band born from the same pit that birthed Black With Sap (ahem, Southeastern Idaho). If I had to describe their sound, I would say 1994! meets Ape Up! with some extra emotional edge. It’s some damn good stuff. The band handmade 100 cassettes of their first release, Fathers, which we will be selling in the BWS store very soon. 15 of these are a deluxe version, packaged in a custom shadow box with all sorts of cool shit. Sean and Alex really knocked these out of the park. Check out both versions of the tape here.
The band and I are in the process of booking a Northwest Summer Tour. If you can help out in any way with one of the dates below (or think we should change the route up a bit), please email Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the days we’re looking at:
June 15 – Idaho Falls, ID (@ The Wax House)
June 16 – Missoula, MT
June 17 – Spokane, WA
June 18 – Seattle, WA
June 19 – Olympia, WA
June 20 – Portland, OR
June 21 – Eugene, OR
June 22 – Boise, ID
June 23 – Salt Lake City, UT (Crucial Fest 2012)
p.s. I love you.
December 10, 2011
This is Black With Sap’s newest release, in conjunction with our good friends at Carucage Records and The Ghost is Clear Records. Artwork was done by Harrison at Kid Sister Everything, and he’ll be hand-screening every cover. Saying I was extremely excited to put this record together would be an understatement. All parties involved (bands, labels, and artist) have been amazing to work with. 2 songs from both bands, and as we’ve come to expect from the two of them, both bands kill it. Carucage has a preorder up, you know what to do with it. If you run a blog or whatever, feel free to spread this shit like wildfire.
July 11, 2011
- Lion of the North – The Compass Calls EP – This is the screamo band that gave rise to Grown Ups. It rules, hard. Download it here. This EP was released by our friend Harrison at Kid Sister Everything with awesome packaging.
- Native/Lautrec/Lion of the North/Mans – 4 way split – Amazing line-up, to say the least. This insert folds out into a poster of sorts. Also released by Kid Sister.
- Lion of the North/Mans Split - Probably my favorite songs either band ever recorded. Kid Sister, as always, delivers with some cool packaging as well.
- Moldar/Matsuri Split - Awesome handmade packaging for the bands’ 09 summer tour, 5 songs from both bands.
- Moldar/Calculator Split - Handmade in June of 09, 3 songs from Calculator and 2 from Moldar
- Matsuri/Deers! Split - Handmade in the summer of 08, 3 songs from both band.
- Moldar – Last Five - Beautifully packaged with a 20+ page book and hand screened covers, last 5 songs the band released.
- Funeral Diner – The Underdark - The legendary band’s genre-defining album in a digipak case.
- Lungs- S/T - Post-something band packaged in a digipak, released by the now defunct Escucha Records.
- Suffocate For Fuck Sake – Blazing Fires and Helicopters… – This monster of an album still goes for $10. Seriously, download it if you haven’t heard it.
- Werewolves – Grind Melon - Full length album of grungy, hook-filled hardcore. Released by Bear Records.
- Monarcs – Apocalyptic Bebop – 2 members of Capsule, 4 awesome songs.
- Army of Kashyyyk/Lovers and Killers Split - Baltimore, MD emo violence and hardcore. 2 songs from both bands.
- I Create – Make the Years EP - The band put these together when they still had their old vocalist, the dude from Histories.
June 23, 2011
May 31, 2011
I just finished updating our online store with all sorts of new distro items. Since the majority of the new stuff we have is Canadian, it’s probably new to you, and you should check it out if you feel so inclined. You can visit our online store at blackwithsap.limitedpressing.com.
Speaking of which, we have decided to run a contest for the next two weeks. Anyone that orders anything from the online store will be entered into a drawing to win a test pressing of our latest release, the We Were Skeletons/ мища split 7″. At the end of two weeks, we’ll select one person at random, and send you your test press free of charge. This is the first time we’ve ever run a contest, and depending on how well this goes, we may continue to run them in the future.
p.s. Go download the new We Were Skeletons song right here. I’m crazy about the more pronounced Fugazi influence.
April 21, 2011
Heyo! I’m a little drunk. So what if it’s only 6:30!? There’s some awesome stuff that you should know about.
First off, Cattle Drums has their Boy Kisser Sessions + 3 up for free download. If you don’t have this already, I highly suggest picking it up. I hype this band a lot, but only because I think they’re really great.
Second, Big Kids has posted 4 new songs from their upcoming full length “Phone Home”. They are all up for free download, and they all fuckin’ rock. According to my count, this band will have released 2 full lengths, 2 splits, and one EP, all in the same year. That’s pretty impressive. Support this band in any way you can. They are the nicest dudes ever.
We’ve decided to post the Lautrec Discography. I’m not sure why we’ve been sitting on these tracks for so long, but I’m pretty sure we’ve never actually posted the whole thing. So, here you go. Enjoy it. Pick up the the tape if you feel like it.
Lastly, we should have lots of new stuff added to the distro in the next few weeks. We’ve got lots of records to trade, so if you feel like picking up any of our stuff in return for your awesome releases, please email us at email@example.com
Cameron/Black With Sap
March 4, 2011
Defeater is a band that probably doesn’t even need an introduction. They are truly one of the leaders of modern hardcore in my opinion. This is their new album, due out in a week or so. On this album, the band refines their already polished sound even further. At times melodic, at times dark and brooding, this album is always intense, passionate, and intricate. To top it off, Defeater has written 4 acoustic songs to end the album with, which are all very good. The contrast of the heavy songs and acoustic songs makes for a very interesting and rewarding listen. Best hardcore album of 2011 so far? I’d say so.
Edit: At first, I thought that song 10 cut out before it was supposed to. Max has informed me that this is the way it’s supposed to be on the album. Apparently, in the context of the album’s overarching story, the speaker gets pushed into a train, so the song ends. Don’t quote me on that though.
- In label news, we finally got the Adobe Homes/Beau Navire split 7″s. Thank you to everyone who preordered one, you’ll be seeing them very soon. You can order this split for only 5 bucks right here. If you reeeaaally want to hear the songs before you order one, you can download them here. Also, we’ve now got an exclusive мища shirt in a preorder package for the We Were Skeletons split. Check that out here. If you already have a preorder and want a shirt, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make it happen. Also, we’ll be announcing some tapes in the future that we’re really excited about!
December 14, 2010
What’s up guys? It’s been a while, huh? Since the last time I was on here, I managed to break my leg, sit around and eat way too much, play copious amounts of Mario Kart, and almost completely heal the aforementioned leg. That shit sucks, and it shows you how long I’ve been too busy to get on here (not that typing up bullshit like this takes a long time). So anyway, I digress. There’s a lot of stuff going on right now that you guys should all know about. Where do I start?
- First of all, Snowing’s first full length is finally out! The album is made up of 11 songs, 3 of which are re-recorded from other releases. I probably don’t even have to tell you why this album rocks. The new jams on here are my favorite Snowing songs to date.
- Secondly, Monument also released their first full-length album. If you don’t know Monument, they formed out of the awesome, defunct band The Summer We Went West, and they are absolutely worth checking out.
- If you haven’t downloaded Kanye’s new album yet, suck it up and nab it. Yeah, I know he’s a total douche. I know he’s made some terrible music in the past. But even I have to admit, it’s a really good album. Just don’t pay for it. That will only enable Kanye to be an even bigger douche than he already is. I, for one, don’t want that on my conscience.
- Algernon is recording a new full length and leaving on a West Coast tour from January 4th through the 17th. Joining them is Joyce Manor, Koalacaust, and our friends Big Kids. Specific dates have not yet been released. To read more about the recording process, check out Algernon’s blog.
- In BWS news, we are hard at work on 2 vinyl releases. The first, a 7″ split between Beau Navire and Adobe Homes, should be at the pressing plant at this time. Expect the record to be out in the next month or two, complete with glow in the dark vinyl! The 2nd release, a 7″ split between We Were Skeletons and мища, is currently in the planning stages. More info on that in the future!
…And I think that’s all I’ve got. Sorry if it was a bit long-winded. More regular updates in the future as Christmas break comes around. You know what that means? Ryan, Dylan, and I will all be in the same town again! Party in Idaho Falls!
February 2, 2010
Well, I just got back to school from break. Today I sent orders out to those who ordered CDs during the past week so you guys should be getting those within a few days. It’s good to be back and the blog will be rolling forward as strong as ever during the next few weeks.
While I was home, I acquired an old friend and gave him a (hopefully) permanent home. We’ve utilized his services before when we made the Cremation 186 tapes but he was only on loan, but now it looks like he’ll be staying with us (keep you fingers crossed!). Here’s what he looks like:
In I Create news, my computer crashed while I was working on the artwork. I didn’t save my work. I lost it. Redoing it. I promise it’ll be better now anyway. Lesson learned, though.
We’re setting up a show for Antilles at the end of May in either Spokane, Missoula or Idaho Falls depending on the date since it’s hovering around the time I’m graduating here in Spokane. Either way it is sure to be insanely good. Expect and Antilles post with some download links soon. Also, some other posts with download links will be coming up soon, too.
Also, it’s Cameron’s birthday on Thursday so be sure to wish him a good one. I might go over and visit him this weekend. Here’s us being awesome together:
Be good to each other,