December 14, 2010
What’s up guys? It’s been a while, huh? Since the last time I was on here, I managed to break my leg, sit around and eat way too much, play copious amounts of Mario Kart, and almost completely heal the aforementioned leg. That shit sucks, and it shows you how long I’ve been too busy to get on here (not that typing up bullshit like this takes a long time). So anyway, I digress. There’s a lot of stuff going on right now that you guys should all know about. Where do I start?
– First of all, Snowing’s first full length is finally out! The album is made up of 11 songs, 3 of which are re-recorded from other releases. I probably don’t even have to tell you why this album rocks. The new jams on here are my favorite Snowing songs to date.
– Secondly, Monument also released their first full-length album. If you don’t know Monument, they formed out of the awesome, defunct band The Summer We Went West, and they are absolutely worth checking out.
– If you haven’t downloaded Kanye’s new album yet, suck it up and nab it. Yeah, I know he’s a total douche. I know he’s made some terrible music in the past. But even I have to admit, it’s a really good album. Just don’t pay for it. That will only enable Kanye to be an even bigger douche than he already is. I, for one, don’t want that on my conscience.
– Algernon is recording a new full length and leaving on a West Coast tour from January 4th through the 17th. Joining them is Joyce Manor, Koalacaust, and our friends Big Kids. Specific dates have not yet been released. To read more about the recording process, check out Algernon’s blog.
– In BWS news, we are hard at work on 2 vinyl releases. The first, a 7″ split between Beau Navire and Adobe Homes, should be at the pressing plant at this time. Expect the record to be out in the next month or two, complete with glow in the dark vinyl! The 2nd release, a 7″ split between We Were Skeletons and мища, is currently in the planning stages. More info on that in the future!
…And I think that’s all I’ve got. Sorry if it was a bit long-winded. More regular updates in the future as Christmas break comes around. You know what that means? Ryan, Dylan, and I will all be in the same town again! Party in Idaho Falls!